I was inspired when I was at Schnuks today. I already had a quart of generic wildflower honey so I bought an 18 oz jar of store brand apricot preserves. I mixed the 18 oz jar of apricot preserves with 23 oz of the honey with 1 gallon of water. Then I added 1 sliced lemon and 1/8 teaspoon of yeast nutrient.
I boiled the mixture for 15 min, then cooled and put in a 4L wine jug.
OG was 1.082 by hydrometer.
I used D47 wine yeast rehydrated in 1 cup of 95 deg F water for 15 min.
I'll post up notes when I transfer to secondary for aging and then at bottling time.
After cooling it, I tasted a little of it and it retained a good amount of the apricot character. We'll see how it turns out in a couple of months.