May 6 Zoom meeting

Local, regional, national & international beer and brewing news. Please check here for important announcements.

Moderator: rsc3da

May 6 Zoom meeting

Postby tedon_63126 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:15 am

On May 6 at 7PM, in lieu of the Conronavirus restrictions in place, the monthly club meeting will be held via Zoom. Since this is no password to access the Forum and the club will be using my personal account, the link to the meeting will be sent out via the email list for those receiving the Brewsletter. Otherwise, visit the Brews Facebook page and you can reach me via messenger or email me. Thank you and hopefully we will see you this Wednesday, May 6 at 7PM.
Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
tedon_63126

Re: May 6 Zoom meeting

Postby stlmalt » Wed May 06, 2020 10:30 pm

Thanks Ted for leading the May meeting on ZOOM.
Since you are posting now, can you have the meeting minutes posted too?
Kent
Missouri Malt Supply in Fenton
stlmalt

Postby Tim Fahrner » Thu May 07, 2020 10:05 am

Ted,

I would also like to thank you for hosting the Zoom meeting last night, and while I'm at it, apologize if my comments during the discussion of this forum were a bit sharp. That was not meant to offend you (or others for that matter), but really to express my frustration that this platform has fallen into such disuse.

I recognize that the situation with this, and the website in general, is untenable and will have to change. However, the idea that a Facebook page can replace what has exchanged here over the years is abhorrent to me. It is my hope that if/when the web site moves, that another similar platform for the exchange of brewing information and ideas will be included. While even my own contributions here have been scarce recently, I do not find this renders the platform useless. A reference book can sit on a shelf for years without being opened, but still provides valuable information when called upon. I think the same applies here.

My request is that before this forum (or another incarnation of it) is erased forever that we instead look toward how it can be improved and made more attractive to users. It could then resume being the useful tool to our homebrewing exploits that was originally intended.

Tim
Timothy J Fahrner

Laboratory of Dr. Jeffrey Milbrandt

Washinton University School of Medicine

660 So. Euclid 63110

fahrner@pathology.wustl.edu
Tim Fahrner

Postby stlmalt » Thu May 07, 2020 12:27 pm

Tim-

Well stated. I believe that captures the feeling of many - "that we instead look toward how it can be improved and made more attractive to users. It could then resume being the useful tool to our homebrewing exploits that was originally intended."
Kent
Missouri Malt Supply in Fenton
stlmalt

Return to Brews News