HHHC Registration

Local, regional, national & international beer and brewing news. Please check here for important announcements.

Moderator: rsc3da

HHHC Registration

Postby beermikester » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:53 am

Wow. HHHC registration is off to its fastest start ever. We have been taking entries now for two days and have 575 of our 650 spots taken. I fully expect that we will fill up today or tomorrow. If you have been even remotely thinking of entering, now would be a good time. Don't take a chance on being left out.

A lot of brewers, especially new brewers, are intimidated by a competition and might be afraid to enter. Don't be! Competitions are a great way to get objective feedback about your beer. And if you do win a medal, imagine the feeling of knowing how many other brewers you beat out!

I've had one brewer tell me the couldn't enter because theirs was an extract beer and not all grain. WHAT?!?! We have had plenty of beers win that were extract. As a matter of fact, my first medal was an extract.

One final note - this year, in addition to winning medals, winners of Best of Show get special awards and prizes. First place for Beer BOS is a 10 gallon kettle from Spike Brewing. Second and Third also get prizes, First place for mead gets a nice 5 gallon tub (60 lb) of honey, with Second and Third place also getting prizes of honey.

Additionally, we will select two beers for professional ramp up. One beer in the Sour and Wild Ales categories will get selected for a ramp up at Alpha Brewing, and one German style beer will be selected for brewing at Stubborn German. How cool is that?

For more information, and to register, visit the link below:

https://stlbrews.brewcompetition.com/

On Tap: Northern Brown Ale, Imperial Oktoberfest, Saison, Kolsch
Fermenting: Saison, IPA
beermikester
Site Admin

Return to Brews News