CarbaCap

General brewing equipment discussion

Moderator: rsc3da

CarbaCap

Postby Bob Brews » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:33 pm

A number of years ago I purchased a "Carbonator" cap. For those of you who are unfamiliar, that is a screw on cap that can be placed on a 2-liter soda bottle and the top of the cap has a gas ball lock fitting. This allows you to either carbonate a beverage in the bottle or keep an already carbonated beverage from going flat.

When I recently tried to use the cap, it would not hold pressure and I found that the body was cracked. Not to worry, as it had a lifetime warranty.

Some research told me that the cap is no longer in production and the company no longer exists. I was directed to a company that has apparently taken over the patent and to my surprise they honored the warranty. In fact, the folks were very gracious and sent me a new cap right away.

The new product is called CarbaCap. Although it looks nearly identical, I did see that they did some changes. The plastic looks to have some fillers to make it stronger and they have reduced the number of internal parts making it operate smoother. The method of operation has not changed and it works the same as the earlier version.

And they said that when it comes time for the HHHC, they would like to donate some merchandise to the club. All around, they were some nice folks.

Check them out at www.carbacap.com
Bob Brews

Re: CarbaCap

Postby turkeyjerky214 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:57 pm

I personally prefer the stainless version they carry at William's Brewing for $15.

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/28MM-STA ... P3582.aspx
-Brian

On Tap: Sour Belgian Brown, Amber Ale, Milk Stout, English Dark Mild, American Brown, Vienna Lager

Fermenting: Roggenbier, Pumpkin Ale
Kegged: Dunkelweizen, Hefeweizen, Barleywine
Lagering: Märzen, Doppelbock, Düsseldorf Alt
turkeyjerky214

Postby Bob Brews » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:50 pm

I prefer the one that donates to the club, but that is just me.
Bob Brews

Postby turkeyjerky214 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:28 am

So you'd buy an inferior product just because they donate to the club? Fair enough.
-Brian

On Tap: Sour Belgian Brown, Amber Ale, Milk Stout, English Dark Mild, American Brown, Vienna Lager

Fermenting: Roggenbier, Pumpkin Ale
Kegged: Dunkelweizen, Hefeweizen, Barleywine
Lagering: Märzen, Doppelbock, Düsseldorf Alt
turkeyjerky214

Postby Bob Brews » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:45 pm

Personally do not think it is inferior. I prefer products made 100% in the USA and I like the color.
Bob Brews

Postby rex » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:05 pm

I have received a couple of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400972116726?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The port is machined to accept either gas or liquid quick-disconnects, and there is a nipple that can be used to connect a dip tube for bottom filling.
rex

Return to Equipment Discussion