Club calendar cool idea

Off-topic discussions, non-beer related posts, etc.

Moderator: rsc3da

Club calendar cool idea

Postby rsc3da » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:47 pm

With the new year upon us and changing calendars and stuff like that it got me thinking. I was talking with Mike C-Z recently and he had what I think is a pretty cool idea. Making a club calendar. We could have a different recipe for each month from different club members, maybe they would be recipes for beers that medalled. We could have a picture taken of the beer in appropriate glassware for the style along with the recipe for it as the picture for the month. The calendar could be mailed out to all active club members. Wouldn't you rather have a calendar like that then the one your insurance provider sends you! Actually we could mail it to all members, it might encourage some inactive members to be more active in the club if they are looking at the club calendar every day.
Kegged: CAH (Cider + Agave + Honey)
Lagering: -
Conditioning: RIS (BA Abraxas 2.0),Quad/Saison
Fermenting: Oktoberfest, Lambic
Plan: -
rsc3da

Re: Club calendar cool idea

Postby bmock » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:56 pm

I think this is a great idea. Brian S. is a pro photographer.

A collage style monthly pic might be good too showing club events like picnics, festivals, group brews, etc.
mockwerks.blogspot.com
bmock

Postby rsc3da » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Bridget's sister Colleen is also a photographer.
rsc3da

Postby TCochran » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:01 am

The secretary is always looking to content for the newsletter. Why not make it a monthly feature in the newsletter?
TCochran

Postby rsc3da » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:17 pm

I think there is already a beer style covered monthly in the newsletter. Yes I guess adding recipes from club members could be something added to the newsletter. I think we already have recipes in there but I am not sure if they are from club members. What I am talking about here is a club calendar that you can put on your wall and keep track of appointments and things, and the pictures for each month would be pictures of actual beers brewed by club members along with their recipes, and various pictures of the club at outings.
rsc3da

Postby beermikester » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:36 pm

rsc3da wrote:With the new year upon us and changing calendars and stuff like that it got me thinking. I was talking with Mike C-Z recently and he had what I think is a pretty cool idea. Making a club calendar. We could have a different recipe for each month from different club members, maybe they would be recipes for beers that medalled. We could have a picture taken of the beer in appropriate glassware for the style along with the recipe for it as the picture for the month. The calendar could be mailed out to all active club members. Wouldn't you rather have a calendar like that then the one your insurance provider sends you! Actually we could mail it to all members, it might encourage some inactive members to be more active in the club if they are looking at the club calendar every day.

Perhaps the beer pictured could be the same style that would be featured that month. Then people could look ahead in the calendar and get ideas for beers they'd like to make and bring to a meeting?

On Tap: Northern Brown Ale, Imperial Oktoberfest, Saison, Kolsch
Fermenting: Saison, IPA
beermikester
Site Admin

Postby rsc3da » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Yeah definitely, we'd want to have pictures of beers that would be appropriate for the time of year. As long as the styles are appropriate for the month I think it would work out. So Russian Imperial Stout would cover a winter month, Belgian Witbier would cover a summer month, etc...
rsc3da

Return to ...and Everything Else