frying turkeys used oil and grease

Off-topic discussions, non-beer related posts, etc.

Moderator: rsc3da

frying turkeys used oil and grease

Postby mackepet » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:23 am

Any one frying turkeys this thanksgiving? What do you do with the grease? You drop it off at my house. email me for exact location, I have a trailer in my driveway that you can leave your old used grease and oil. Let me explain I run my truck of used oil and would love more of it. email pmackercher@gmail.com
mackepet

Re: frying turkeys used oil and grease

Postby beermikester » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:12 am

I still have a couple uses left in my oil (you can use it 3 times), but being able to give it to you to "recycle" is awesome! I'll let you know the next time I have some.

BTW - what types of oil can you use, and does it need to be filtered? I know it might be a dumb question, but I don't know what your truck uses, but does bacon grease work?

Mike

On Tap: Northern Brown Ale, Imperial Oktoberfest, Saison, Kolsch
Fermenting: Saison, IPA
beermikester
Site Admin

Postby dvdaniels » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Grease cars are very cool. Always wanted to do that when I had a diesel. :mrgreen:

Here is a site I always went to for reading up if this is indeed similar to what you are doing.

http://www.greasecar.com/
dvdaniels

Postby mackepet » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:38 am

I can run all plant based oil.
vegetable oil (fry oil)
motor oil
transmission oil

I CAN NOT RUN BACON Animal GREASE/fat
but it would be sweet if i could because i love bacon. (who doesn't)
I also can not run any animal fat/grease

Once i have the oil/SVO i let it settle for 3 months you can wate as little as 2 weeks but i have a lot and the longer you wait the beter. the SVO separates in to 3 categories on the bottom is fat and little bits of food. on top of that is water then a fat then good good to use oil. i pump that throe a few filters then in my dispensing tank. were it is heated and goes throe another filter into my truck.

I have a 03 ford excursion with the 7.3 diesel. I have 2 tank system the grease/used oil (SVO) tank is 45gal and is heated and all the lines are heated and extra huge fule filter. SVO go into my stock injectors at 180 degrees. The other tank is diesel and is 20 gal and it is used for starting and shutting down in cold weather under 50 degrees.

Yes that is vary similar to how my car is modified i have a golden fule system.

I would love to show you some time how it all works. I have been running 70,000 on SVO with very little problems.
mackepet

Postby StLBeer » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:33 pm

This is good to know. I have some used motor oil and I need to come by to pick up a check from Bridget tomorrow night. When would be a good time to come by?
Serving - Dark Medicine, JD Bigfoot Barleywine Clone, JD RIS (jealous?), American Wheat Ale, Nut Brown Ale, & Blondes...
Carbonating -
Primary - Big Ape AIPA
On Deck -
In the hole -
StLBeer

Postby mackepet » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:47 pm

I'm home most days after 5.
mackepet

Return to ...and Everything Else