Republican caucus is St. Charles

Off-topic discussions, non-beer related posts, etc.

Moderator: rsc3da

Republican caucus is St. Charles

Postby Konertjm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Any one who has been watching the news knows about the St. Charles Republican caucus was canceled due to a group that entered with video equipment and began to general disrupt the whole process.

I just heard on the radio that the person that caused most of the problem is named "Brent Stafford" :shock:

Is this our Brent Stafford form St. Charles county?
In wine there is wisdom,
In Beer there is strength,
In water there is bacteria!
Konertjm

Re: Republican caucus is St. Charles

Postby bmock » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Apparently.

I guess he's making a name for himself and making Ron Paul supporters look...pushy.

http://www.dailypaul.com/221548/brent-s ... nty-caucus

He went to jail?

http://www.dailypaul.com/221346/this-is ... m-missouri
mockwerks.blogspot.com
bmock

Postby Konertjm » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:16 am

He is pretty much how most Ron Paul supporters act, from what I have heard on the radio.

But I am glad that Brent is keeping busy. :roll:
In wine there is wisdom,
In Beer there is strength,
In water there is bacteria!
Konertjm

Postby turkeyjerky214 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Konertjm wrote:He is pretty much how most Ron Paul supporters act, from what I have heard on the radio.

But I am glad that Brent is keeping busy. :roll:

That's a pretty narrow-minded generalization. Most Ron Paul supporters I know are rational, yet passionate, people. The media did their absolute best to ignore him and give him no coverage ever since the race for the Republican nomination started last year. This has frustrated a very few number of his supporters to the point of acting out.
-Brian

On Tap: Sour Belgian Brown, Amber Ale, Milk Stout, English Dark Mild, American Brown, Vienna Lager

Fermenting: Roggenbier, Pumpkin Ale
Kegged: Dunkelweizen, Hefeweizen, Barleywine
Lagering: Märzen, Doppelbock, Düsseldorf Alt
turkeyjerky214

Postby Hopking » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:15 pm

While I can agree that many Ron Paul supporters are intelligent and passionate (and some not), it is a stretch to blame his unelectibility on the media. Buddy Roemer and Thaddeus McCotter were ignored by the media. Ron Paul has run more than once and people who follow politics know who he is. He has been seen and heard in each debate, He is just not electable in this political environment.
If You Do Not Know Where You Are Going, All Roads Will Take You There

John Sullivan
Hopking

Postby wnordmann » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:30 am

Hopking wrote:While I can agree that many Ron Paul supporters are intelligent and passionate (and some not), it is a stretch to blame his unelectibility on the media. Buddy Roemer and Thaddeus McCotter were ignored by the media. Ron Paul has run more than once and people who follow politics know who he is. He has been seen and heard in each debate, He is just not electable in this political environment.

Pretty fair assessment as far as I can tell. I think any candidate that has run in multiple presidential campaigns is unlikely to get elected after the 2nd attempt. So Ron Paul is a bit dead on arrival. Not to discount what he stands for, politics is just a tricky game.
wnordmann

Return to ...and Everything Else