The Happy Holiday Homebrew Competition (HHHC) is the annual homebrew competition and banquet sponsored by the St. Louis Brews. There are a number of events associated with HHHC.
The HHHC competition is a fully scantioned AHA and BJCP event. The main judging is being held on Friday, December 7 and Saturday, December 8, with preliminary judging sessions being held on Tuesday, December 4.
To register entries or to register to judge or steward, please click here. Registration is open from Monday, November 12 through Friday,
Unpacking and sorting of the entries will be performed at the time and location below. Those that help with sorting may bring their entries at that time.
- Sunday, December 2, 1:00, Modern Brewery, 5231 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63110
Judging will be on the the dates and locations listed below:
- Tuesday, December 4, 6:00, Modern Brewery, 5231 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63110
- Friday, December 7, 6:00, Shrewsbury City Center, 5200 Shrewsbury Ave, St. Louis, MO 63119
Judging will start at 6:30, with food being available for judges and stewards at 6:00.
- Saturday, December 8, 9:00, Shrewsbury City Center, 5200 Shrewsbury Ave, St. Louis, MO 63119
- Saturday, December 8, 1:00, Shrewsbury City Center, 5200 Shrewsbury Ave, St. Louis, MO 63119
Breakfast and lunch are provided for judges and stewards.
Please note that the judging sessions are only for those judging or stewarding. We have had questions in the past on whether viewing of the judging is permitted. Because of the space available
and the nature of the competition, this is not allowed.
Each year, the St. Louis Brews has its annual holiday banquet to go along with the competition. The banquet is open to club members and those that have helped judge/steward. The club provides the main
entree (smoked prime rib, this year), and club members are asked to bring a side dish (enough for 6-8 people). The banquet will be held at:
The banquet includes a number of special events, including:
- Announcement of competition winners and awarding of medals.
- A visit from Santa. All children 12 and younger will receive a gift.
- Sampling of homebrew left over from the competition.
All information © 1999 - St. Louis Brews
unless otherwise noted.